Another one of my DNA matches led me back to Pommern with the name Kaske. Hopefully this historic family tree can help others as well.
It seems that the Kaskes were a farming family in Lülfitz. Aside from the grandfather of the subject of this study, Christian Kaske, many others were known to farm in Lülfitz. It is my speculation that a few family members may have married distant cousins to keep the property in the family; although, at that time, the nobles were under no obligation to ensure inheritable rights from family members.
- Christoph Kaske, Bauer in Lülfitz, Maria Elisabeth Krause had Christoph Kaske on January 27, 1803.
- Daniel Krüger, Bauer in Lülfitz, and Maria Elisabeth Kasken had Christoph Krüger on July 14, 1803.
- Christoph Stieg, Bauer in Lülfitz, and Katharina Kasken had Christian Friedrich on July 30, 1803.
- Friedrich Kaske, Bauer in Lülfitz, and Christina Kaske had Christian Friedrich Kaske on November 15, 1803.
- Heinrich Baller, Bauer in Lülfitz, and Anna Maria Kaske had Martin Baller on April 26, 1807.
- David Maaß, Bauer in Lülfitz, and Maria Kasken had Christine Wilhelmine Maaß on October 16, 1808.
- Anna Christine Kaske, from Lülfitz, had Wilhelmine Kaske out of wedlock on February 18, 1813.
- A Christian Kaske, Bauer in Lülfitz, died on August 17, 1818 at the age of 77 years and 9 months old.
- David Kaske, Altbauer, died in Lülfitz on April 1, 1829 at the age of 83 years and 1 month old.
- Anna Sophia Born, wife of the Bauer Kaske in Lülfitz, died on August 20, 1812 at the age of 71 years and 2 months old.
There were also several other people named Christian Kaske who were registered during the same time period in Sankt Marien’s church in Belgard:
- Christian Kaske, Bauer in Lülfitz, and Anna Christina Baller(s), had Christian Kaske on November 8, 1803.
- Christian Kaske, Bauer in Rostin, and Eleonore Krüger (Bauerwittwe, died March 22, 1839 in Rostin at the age of 65 years, 11 months, and 20 days).
- Christian David Kaske, Altsitzer and Bauer in Klein Panknin, and Anna Regine Bloedorn. Christian David Kaske died on September 8, 1838 at the age of 63.
Generation 1 – Kaske
Daniel Friedrich Hermann Kaske
Born: March 17, 1827 in Lülfitz, Belgard, Pommern
Died: September 20, 1913 in Spink, South Dakota
He immigrated to the United States around 1854, living in Illinois and South Dakota.
Records indicate that he married Magdalena Mueller.
Generation 2 – Kaske
Born: December 30, 1801 in Lülfitz, Belgard
Died: January 30, 1827 in Lülfitz, Belgard at the age of 25 years old.
Important notes: this is not the same person as David Wilhelm Kaske who was born on May 12, 1802. Other sources have indicated that this family line comes from David Wilhelm Kaske. However, that information is not correct.
Married to: Christine Maria Jastrow
No further information about her. They had one known child before David died.
Generation 3 – Kaske
Born: abt. January 1766
Died: July 27, 1849 in Alt Lülfitz, Belgard at the age of 83 years and 6 months old. He died of old age (Altersschwäche) and was buried on July 30, leaving behind two sons of legal age.
He was an Einwohner in Lülfitz, and a Büdner and Eigenthümer according to his wife’s death entry.
He was married to:
Dorothea Elisabeth Krüger
Born: abt. July 1766
Died: January 24, 1846 in Alt Lülfitz at the age of 79 years and 6 months old. She was buried on January 27.
Together, they had the following children:
- Friedrich Kaske, born October 8, 1799 in Lülfitz.
- David Kaske, born December 30, 1801 in Lülfitz.
- Maria Elisabeth Kaske born April 23, 1805 in Lülfitz.
- Christina Kaske, born June 1, 1809 in Lülfitz.