The Hypothekenbücher and Grundbücher from the following regions have been uploaded for viewing:
- Kussow Grundbuch Vol. 1 (Entries 1-14)
- Papritzfelde Grundbuch Vol. 4 (Entries 9-13)
- Schmaatz Grundbuch Vol. 1 (1-8)
- Schmaatz Grundbuch Vol. 2 (Entries 9-26)
- Schmaatz Grundbuch Vol. 3 (Entries 26-56)
These books come from the region of Stolp in the former Eastern Prussian province of Pomerania, today known as Słupsk. As a great many church books and civil records were lost in WWII, land records can provide insight into a family’s history and fill in the gaps. These are typically helpful if you suspect a person to have owned land, as not every family paid a mortgage but sometimes rented land.